Taiwan office leadealex and ani bonnaroo braceletr named
1992 Consensus is focus of Liu"s first meeting
Liu Jieyi, in his debut as head of the State Council Taiwan Affairs Office, met a delegation from Taiwan on Monday in Shanghai.
The island"s delegation was led by Eric Chu Li-lun, mayor of New Taipei City.
Beijing"s guiding principle in its Taiwan affairs is to uphold the 1992 Consensus, which embodies the one-China policy and opposes "Taiwan independence", said Liu, who took office last week.
By upholding the thought that "people from both sides of the Straits are a family", the mainland will carry out the 31 measures－newly released policies to benefit Taiwan people who study, work and live on the mainland. The goal is to further promote cross-Straits cultural and economic development, including advancing intercity communication and improving the well-being of Taiwan compatriots, Liu said.
He said he hoped people across the Straits would join to promote peaceful development of cross-Straits relations and the peaceful reunification of China.
Chu said the 1992 Consensus is the foundation for cross-Straits relations and peaceful development.
He said cross-Straits communication and cooperation should be further expanded to promote intercity exchanges and improve people"s well-being.
Chu also is former chairman of the Kuomintang party.
His trip started on Wednesday and he stopped in Jiangsu province and Shanghai. It is his fourth visit to the mainland.
"The meeting conveyed the thoughts of the top leaders, such as upholding the one-China policy and peaceful development," said Zhu Songling, a professor of Taiwan studies at Beijing Union University.
"It also showed that the mainland is willing to open dialogue with political parties and groups from Taiwan－which recognize the 1992 Consensus－to promote development and restraining "Taiwan independence"."
Chu has backed-up the one-China principle before, Zhu added.
- Chinese-made aircraft carrier sails through Tdisney world magic braceletsaiwan Straits
[TITLE]Women"s Guide To Buying Males"S Bracelets[/...
- Lawmaksecurity wristbands for eventser condemns attacks on judiciary
[TITLE]About Bracelets And Charms[/TITLE]We all kn...
- HK"s new liaison chief offersmilitary rubber bracelets wealth of governance experience
[TITLE]Silicone Wristbands - A Wonderful Promotion...
- Envirowholesale custom silicone wristbandsnmentalists want dam to stop desertification in Hoh Xil National Nature Reserve
The Most Favored Birthday Party Styles For ChildrenMonti Te"o"s hoaxster, Ronaiah Tuisosopo, appeare......
- Mobilearmy rubber wristbands medical teams to tour impoverished regions in Tibet
[TITLE]Christmas Presents For Children 2013[/TITLE]Macala, took Kuwait to victory in the Gulf Cup tw......
- AI enhances psilicone wristbands irelandhoto app"s spotless reputation
Baby Photo Gifts - Delighting The InfantMen like gifts. In-fact they love gifts. And this gives that......
- Greater Bay Area backs Twalt disney world magic bandsCM going global
Issues Retain In Mind Whenever Acquiring Custom WristbandsRubber stamps are popular worldwide. You m......
- Washington urged to stoorder silicone braceletsp South China Sea intrusions
Smart Pebble Stand Holder Colorful Universal Silicone CradleCompanies frequently use custom lanyard......